The company was formed in 1965 and incorporated on
In 1968, after a period of continued growth, the company moved to a much larger facility in Marlow, Buckinghamshire. The company resided here throughout the 1970s, expanding it's capabilities to cover all types of machining, fabrication and the repair, refurbishment and manufacture of machines as diverse as paper-converting machinery and props for films, whilst continuing to provide it's extensive sub-contract machining services.
During the early 1970s, the
company became a major supplier to the fledgling North Sea Oil Project. As a
result of this business, and because of the Project's
deemed importance, the company was declared exempt from the Three Day Week
legislation on power consumption instituted by the British Government during
1973. Such was this business that in 1978, further expansion necessitated the
establishment of an auxiliary facility in
At the beginning of the
1980s, a major economic recession in the
In February of 1985, the Company moved to it's present facility in Bourne End, a modern 3,000 square foot building. This change of site allowed considerable expansion of the already extensive machining capabilities of the Company.
A period of consolidation followed, pre-empted by the first signs of an imminent recession in 1989, which resulted in the closure of the facility in Dorset. However, undaunted by this, the company embarked upon an extensive re-appraisal of it's manufacturing capabilities. The acquisition of RJK Engineering was completed in 1993. During the following five years, almost all of the CNC equipment was upgraded. An ongoing investment programme is still in place at this time. In August 2000, the acquistion of Adwest Adamant from Dura Automotive of the USA was completed. In September 2000 Actuator production commenced from Bourne End and an overhaul and repair facility was set up to cope with the repair of units that had been in service for as much as 20 years. In 2015 the Research and Development Division, specialising in Electro Mechanical design innovation, was opened in Bledlow Ridge, Bucks.
Hutchinson & Dibley Ltd, Unit 4, Wessex
Rd, Bourne End, Bucks, SL8 5DT, England, U.K
- Telephone: +44 1628 530448 - Facsimile: +44 1628 530630
Research and Development Division:
Unit 1, Brigadoon Farm, Chinnor Road, Bledlow Ridge, Bucks, OX39 4BP
Tel: 07968 257804